table of contents
- 1 What is an application for permission to engage in activities outside the status of qualification?
- 2 Comprehensive permit and individual permit
- 3 Cost when requesting our office
What is an application for permission to engage in activities outside the status of qualification?
An application for permission to engage in activities outside the status of residence is an application that must be made in advance if you intend to carry out activities that generate income that does not belong to your current status of residence, or activities that receive compensation.
For example, when an international student works part-time, he / she must obtain this permission for activities outside the qualifications before working part-time.
*Activities that support education and research conducted for remuneration by foreign nationals residing in Japan with a student status of residence based on a contract with the university or college of technology at which they are enrolled are permitted to engage in activities other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted. It's okay if you don't receive
Requirements for application for permission to engage in activities other than that permitted
Those who have status of residence other than the status of residence without employment restrictions (permanent resident, spouse of Japanese, spouse of permanent resident etc.).
Attention point of permission for activities outside the status of qualification
Just because you have permission to work outside your qualifications does not mean that you are free to work.
(For more information"To be careful with permission for activities outside the status of qualification"Please refer to the)
Within 28 hours a week(Within 1 hours a day during summer / winter / spring vacation)Please note that it can only work in
Employers also need to be careful because if they make you work more than 28 hours, you will be working illegally.
Also, I can't work everywhere.
bar, club hostess, waiter, etc.Part-time job related to customsis not allowed.
Comprehensive permit and individual permit
For permission to engage in activities outside the status of qualification,
You can also get permission for both.
- ▼ Comprehensive permit
In order to do general part-time work such as hourly wage part-time work at convenience stores, etc., a comprehensive permission is required.
Working hours are limited to 1 hours per week (total working hours at all workplaces is 28 hours or less).
※Caution: You cannot work at an adult entertainment business.
- ▼ Individual permission
Individual permits are required for work outside the scope of the blanket permit.
It is necessary when working as a “sole proprietor (self-employed)” or when doing work that makes it difficult to confirm working hours such as “outsourcing contract”.
Documents necessary for application for permission for activities outside the status of qualification
- Application for permission to permit activities outside the status of qualification
- 1 document that clarifies the details of activities related to activities other than those permitted under the status of residence previously granted
- Presentation of residence card, special permanent resident certificate
- Presentation of passport or work eligibility certificate
*If you cannot present your passport or certificate of eligibility for employment, a statement of reasons stating the reason.
- Presentation of documents certifying identity (when the application agent submits the application)
- Document explaining activity details, activity hours, remuneration, etc. (free form, individual permission only)
Regional immigration office jurisdiction over residential district
Those who can apply
- Applicant himself / herself
- Staff of the institution managed by the applicant or the employment organization
- Staff of the institution where the applicant is trained or educated
- A staff member of a public benefit corporation aiming at smooth acceptance of foreigners
- A lawyer or an administrative scrivener reported to the Regional Immigration Bureau Director, who received a request from the applicant
- Applicant's legal representative
Cost when requesting our office
|Individual permission||¥44,000(Application form: 11,000 yen + explanation: 33,000 yen)|
* Amount: Consumption tax included