table of contents
What is deemed re-entry permit?
The deemed re-entry permit is a system introduced from 2012 Year 7 day in 9 year.
Foreign nationals who possess valid passports and residence cards do not need to receive re-entry permission in principle, when leaving Japan and re-enter Japan to continue activities in Japan within 1 years after departing It is like that.
If you have left Japan with a special re-entry permit,Its validity cannot be extended abroad.
If you do not re-enter Japan within one year after leaving Japan, your status of residence will be lost.Please note that it will be.
If your period of stay is less than one year after you leave Japan, you must re-enter Japan by that period of stay.
In order to receive a special re-entry permit, you must possess a valid passport and residence card, and"Re-entry Departure Record" Of"Indication"in the column of"I would like to leave Japan through special re-entry."must be checked.
▼ Those who are not eligible for a special re-entry permit
- Those who are in the process of revoking their status of residence
- Persons subject to suspension of departure confirmation
- A person who has been issued a detention order
- A person who resides in Japan with the status of residence of “designated activities” while applying for refugee recognition
- There is a risk of harming the interests or public security of Japan
- Any other person recognized by the Minister of Justice as having reasonable grounds for requiring a re-entry permit for fair control of immigration.
- If more than a year has passed since you left the country,Expiration of status of residence and period of stayI will do it.
If you know in advance that it will be over a year,Re-entry PermitApply for
- If you leave Japan with a special re-entry permit,The expiration date cannot be extended overseas.So be careful.
- If you do not have a re-entry permitEven permanent residents will be deprived of their permanent residency.Please be careful.