table of contents
What is refugee status certification application?
In the first place, the refugee accreditation system in Japan was established in 1982, the treaty on the status of refugees (hereinafter referred to as "the refugee treaty") and the protocol on the status of refugees (hereinafter "the Protocol") issued in Japan.
Apply for refugee statusTo protect those currently residing in Japan who are at risk of being persecuted because of their race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group, or political opinion. It refers to applying for recognition of refugee status.
The number of people who applied for refugee status in 20145,000was recognized as a refugee inonly 11 peopleA number is coming out.
Rights and Benefits Acquired by Foreign Nationals Recognized as Refugees
If you are recognized as a refugee, you will:rightとProfitを受けけるけがでKimasu。
- Partial relaxation of permanent residence permit requirements
Even if you do not meet one of the requirements for permission for permanent residence, ``having sufficient assets or skills to live independently,'' you can receive permission for permanent residence at the discretion of the Minister of Justice.
- Issuance of a refugee travel document
When a foreign national who has been recognized as a refugee intends to travel abroad,refugee travel documentcan be delivered.You can enter and leave Japan as many times as you like within the validity period stated on this certificate.
- Rights under the Refugee Convention
Foreign nationals recognized as refugees are treated in the same way as citizens of treaty countries and ordinary citizens.In Japan, the eligibility for receiving national pension, child rearing allowance, welfare allowance, etc. is the same as Japanese citizens.
Documents necessary for refugee status application
- Refugee recognition application form
- Documents proving that the applicant is a refugee or a statement claiming to be a refugee 1 copy
- Two photographs (three for those who have not obtained a status of residence)
- Passport or certificate of status of residence
- Resident card if you have one
- Those who have been granted temporary landing permission, crew member landing permission, emergency landing permission, landing permission due to distress, or landing permission for temporary refuge, the permission, and those who are on provisional release, the provisional release license
Those who can apply
- Applicant himself / herself
- If the applicant is under the age of 16 or cannot submit due to illness or other reasons, a relative can apply on behalf of the applicant.
ApplicantRegional immigration office jurisdiction over residential district