table of contents
What is an application for permission to change status of residence?
Application for permission to change status of residence is an application required when changing from the current status of residence to a different status of residence.
(Example: "Study abroad" → "Technical / humanities knowledge / international work", "management · management" → "Japanese spouse etc.")
If you want to change to a permanent resident,Permanent residence permit applicationSo please be careful not to make a mistake.
Attention point of applying for change of status of residence
For work visas, when leaving the company you are currently working for, please notify the Immigration Bureau that you have left your job.
There is no problem if the company you are going to work for matches the current status of residence, but if it is different, you will be forced to change this status of residence.
Or you need to change the business content of the company.
Documents necessary for permission to change status of residence etc
Documents necessary for applying for change of status of residence will vary according to the status of residence to be changed and the category of company.
Those who can apply
- Applicant himself / herself
- Staff of the institution managed by the applicant or the employment organization
- Staff of the institution where the applicant is trained or educated
- Staff of an organization that supervises activities to acquire skills, skills or knowledge that foreigners do
- A staff member of a public benefit corporation aiming at smooth acceptance of foreigners
- A lawyer or an administrative scrivener reported to the Regional Immigration Bureau Director, who received a request from the applicant
- Legal representative of the applicant himself / herself
Those who can receive a residence card
Please note that the applicant's / school officials, spouses, children, brothers and sisters, etc. belonging to the applicant himself / herself can not receive the residence card unless it corresponds to the applicant who can apply as described above.
After receiving permission, affix 4,000 yen revenue stamp to the fee payment form and submit it to the immigration office.
Regional immigration office jurisdiction over residential district